Monday, February 19, 2007

an evil twin!?

It won't be easy keeping my fingers crossed, let alone my hands clasped in prayer, for an entire day, but given the circumstances, I'll take all the hope I can muster.

Today I spent 30 minutes searching for the station Lost & Found center. Ironically, I can see how completely-lost items might end up there, even if only by sheer chance seeing as inanimate objects don't have a mouth with which to ask for directions from about four people like I do.

Sadly, my train pass still seems to be lost for the time being. The strange part is that there's evidence that a pass which was lost on the same day, at the same time, between the same stations that I commute to and from, for the same one-month period of February was lost by a non-Japanese person who's first name starts with "Ste" and last name starts with "Sun"... but they insist that the remainder of the name is NOT the same as mine, and therefore might be someone else's pass.

Conclusion: I must have an evil twin somewhere out there!!! :O

p.s. I've left a trail of bread crumbs to the Lost & Found office and plan to make it there again tomorrow evening. Stay tuned.