Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Hunt and the Hunted

You may know him as a headhunter, but I recognize Mr. Ishii as a knight in a drab, grey suit. This short post is an ode to the guy who got me the job!

He was relentless at arranging interviews, first for a job with a financial institution making investments in grassroots environmental projects related to renewable energy (didn't pan out unfortunately) and then for a couple translating jobs, resulting in my current position at a company with a large overseas division specializing in environmental consulting.

The thing is, it is so rare for someone to take the time and make the investment in developing the labor force. Mr. Ishii and the others at his organization are doing so one person at a time, and making a big impact in those people's lives. He certainly did me a service, and in return, I plan to do the best job I can.