Wednesday, April 11, 2007

SPF 45: surfing the project flow

I suppose if my inbox were the ocean and the reports coming in were waves, I could say I caught some prime surf today. One big, 60 page wave I've been riding out for 10 days finally washed into shore, and I caught two smaller waves this afternoon, one titled "Supplemental Contract for Waste Management in Cambodia" and the other title wave bearing the words Digital Orthophoto across the top. I had to put in a bit of overtime to keep up with the surf, but in the end, felt good about staying afloat despite some wobbly moments.
Of course, I suppose if I could have it any way, I might pick my next ride to be a boat. The surf adventure is fun from time to time, but with a bit more experience I hope to soon be able to put on a captains hat and say, "looks like smooth sailing today!"