Friday, May 04, 2007

It's Golden Week in Japan, which means a few National holidays in a row, giving quite a nice little hiatus from work.

J and I have recently discovered a downtown park in Tokyo that is fun to go to on weekends. We first went to Yoyogi Park on Earth Day (Mar 22) for the events they had there that day; food fair, shops and booths by organizations involved in enviro-biz or education.

Last Monday we went again with a packed lunch and I brought my didgeridoo (Australian aboriginal instrument). J brought her scetch book and some drawing pencils, but ended up listening to the didge music I played along with a group playing djembe drums a few yards away. I reckon we'll continue going to the park throughout the summer, so I plan next time to watch J draw the drummers or the landscape.

Incidentally, J just put her webpage back up of some drawings she did in 2004-2005. Click on the title: Beautiful Life
(navigate by clicking the months on the left, days at the top, and drawings for the same day on the right. for example, August 4th shows 8 drawings for that day.)