Monday, June 25, 2007

The 7-54

This is sort of random, but after about 6 months of catching the train in the morning, I now celebrate riding the 7:54.
In Tokyo, where trains are the mode of transportation for the majority of commutes, there are plenty of trains; some lines run a train literally every 2 minutes during peak times - usually the morning rush. So I never really tried to catch a specific train, knowing that there's a 7:56, an 8:01 and so on, that will still get me to work with about 5 minutes to spare.
Getting the 7:54, however, means one less transfer on the way. It also means I probably got up in the morning without hitting snooze too many times and didn't drag my feet getting out the door. So getting the 7:54 having had a bit of breakfast and a cup of coffee is a good sign that I'm going to have a fairly good day.
So here I am, relaxing in my seat 6 stops down the route on what might be someone else's coveted 8:08.